Monday, June 13, 2005

Hormones...

I just got a call from the nurse at my doctor's office. My HCG level on Friday was 38. So, that basically confirms the home pregnancy test. Woo hoo!

Now, this number does me no good without a second number (and possibly a succession of numbers). The numbers are supposed to increase (double every 1 1/2 to two days) and that's an indication of a healthy pregnancy.

My doctor is not in the office today, but the nurse (Kathy) said he will look at the results tomorrow and then decide if they want another blood test done. I hope that they do...it'll keep me from having to get forceful and saying that I want another one done.

Just staying on the precautious side!

As for other symptoms, I'm not having much other than excessive heartburn and I feel like I've pulled a muscle in my stomach region. Hopefully it's just Little Pebble snuggling in for a nice, long rest.

No comments: