Friday, September 30, 2005

A Peek Inside!

It's official! We're having a wiggle wart!

I promised a blow-by-blow, so here it is:

Thursday, September 29th, 2005
2:00 pm - I took one more potty break and drove home so TC and I could take one car to the doctor's office.

2:20 - I got home and went to the bathroom again. My bladder tends to get a little nervous when it knows it's going to be out of range of a bathroom for some time. And I had to go to the ultrasound with a full bladder. So, not really far away from a bathroom, but pretty similar!

2:45 - TC got home and I peed again!!

3:00 - We left for the doctor's office. I really needed to go again, but figured I'd just wait. I took my mug of ice water and sipped on that the 30 minutes to the office. Boy were the roads on the toll road bumpy!

3:45 - Time for the ultrasound! A very nice lady led us into the room and we prepared my tummy for the wand. I really expected the gel to be cold (it was last time), but it was warm. They apparently have a warmer. Wonder why the lady didn't use it when I was in at 6 weeks?

She started the ultrasound my measuring my cervix. Then she took pictures of my placenta. It's up on top where it's supposed to be. Good! Then she focused in on the baby.

Wow!! How cool is that?!? I could see it and actually understood some of what I was looking at! At that point, it became even more real that there really is a person in here! I knew there was one and I know the baby's going to be ok, it was just a little weird/awesome/scary to see that I'm growing a person!! I don't have the foggiest notion on how to raise a child. Good thing we've got a bit more to go before we have to worry about that!

The sonographer got pictures of Pebble's kidneys, measured the hat size and the femur bones, looked at the diaphragm and the brain and the spine. She also was trying to get a good picture of the nose and lips, but the silly thing kept putting its hands in front of its face! That was just too cute! The wiggling was also causing it to be difficult for her to get a nice profile shot. For a few seconds, she had a nice profie with the baby's mouth open. She pointed it out and I laughed. Well, that startled the baby, it jumped and promptly covered its face with its hands again! In the middle of the ultrasound, the baby got the hiccups and that was cute.

She asked me what my due date was and I told her February 19th. She said that meant that I was about 19w4d. I told her that was it exactly. From her measurements, she was getting the baby at 20w2d. Not too far off, so they're probably not going to change my due date, but with her estimates, the due date is February 14th. And since we didn't see a calendar in there with the baby, I'm thinking that the baby doesn't care if we are thinking the 14th or the 19th. It's coming when it durn well pleases! *Note to baby: Please don't come any early than necessary. We want you to be fully "cooked" when you are born. Thanks, mama.

Other baby stats:
Weight: 12 oz
Heart rate: 132 bpm
Foot Length: 3 centimeters (about -------------------- long; that's a tiny foot!)

Now, on to some pictures.

Here's a profile of the little pebble. Look at that adorable nose!

Profile Posted by Picasa

Here's the little foot. You might be able to see the little arrows that are measuring the length. The little toes are on the bottom left of the picture.

Foot Posted by Picasa

Here's a picture of the little pebble looking at us. This picture can kinda look creepy if you're not seeing it right. The black circle on the bottom of the head is not the eye socket. It's the temple. The left eye doesn't show up as darkly as the right eye.

Here's lookin' at you! Posted by Picasa

My goodness. TC and I made a cute baby. Sigh...

6 comments:

SarahB said...

Glad the ultrasound went well and that baby is going great! You got some great pictures! Baby is definately going to be a cutie!

Mrs. Flinger said...

OOHH!HH!H!HHHH You got me ALL mushy about pre-LB stuff. You also cracked me up with "don't come sooner than necessary." Please bookmark this so when you're two weeks over due we can all chuckle. :-)

Congrats! What a fun time. I LOVE that you said how big 3cm is. Amazing, isn't it?

Periwinkle Jen said...

Yay for a healthy baby! Such a tiny little foot.

Anonymous said...

That is just wonderful! I can't wait to see you in a week! I am so glad that everything is going so well!

Anonymous said...

so precious! i love ultrasounds!

Anonymous said...

that was from me, Martha