Monday, November 14, 2005

Great Weekend!

We had a great weekend! And it started out with a great OB appointment Friday afternoon.

A few stats:

Weight Gain (mine): -1 lb. (that makes Total Weight Gain: 10.5 lbs)
Blood Pressure: great
Baby's Heartbeat: 150 bpm

I'm pretty happy with the weight gain so far. I know that there'll be a few more pounds added at the next appointment since something I read said that the baby's going to gain about a pound per week this month. I'm thinking my belly is about to get a whole lot bigger!

I did have to go to the lab and give two vials of blood. They're checking for gestational diabetes and something else. I'm assuming it's going to come back with the all clear since I don't have any symptoms of diabetes.

After the lab, we headed off to Dallas to meet some college friends for a little reunion. The trip took an hour longer than it should. There was a great big traffic jam at the Oklahoma/Texas border and we basically crawled for 45 minutes.

Our hotel was really nice. We stayed at a Homewood Suites...mainly because TC gets Hilton points and when he travels for work, they use Hilton and he gets the personal points. I think we finally have one free night.

We had dinner at Macaroni Grill (I avoided most heartburn triggers and had buttered spaghetti with grilled chicken...then TC and I split the tiramisu) and went to bed. We didn't set the alarm since we really didn't have anything planned until lunch at 1:00 on Saturday.

We were rudely awakened on Saturday morning at 7:30 am by the fire alarm in the hotel. I had to find my pants and I found out later that I put them on backwards. TC found his clothes and got those on. I grabbed my purse, the cell phones and a key to the room. Out we went...me and my full bladder.

Thankfully, the lobby wasn't affect by the alarms. The hotel was set up in different buildings and the alarm appeared to only be going off in a few buildings. We sat in the lobby with a few other people in their pajamas...and found a bathroom. Yes, I changed my pants around so the drawstring wasn't hanging out in the back!

Since we were awake, we got ready for the day and had breakfast at La Madeleine's. Yummy!

CrazyMama had suggested a store they'd been to about 4 years ago so we headed off to Baby World. Let me tell you, that place was crammed full of baby cribs and dressers! Apparently they had just gotten a shipment in on Friday and hadn't had time to clean it all up. They had some nice stuff, so I got a brochure of a line that they carried. It looked pretty well made and there is a store here in town that carries the line, so that's promising!

After Baby World, we spent two hours walking around the Galleria. TC did let me take a few sit down breaks which was nice. TC ended up buying two wallets (one for regular wear and one for travel) at the Wilson's Leather store. I didn't buy anything. We did go in a few children's clothing stores but since we don't know the gender of Little Pebble, I wasn't inclined to buy anything...not even green and yellow stuff! But not to worry, we're not going to let the kid go neked.

Finally, it was time to leave for our friends' house. We planned on an hour drive due to Dallas traffic, but it only took us 30 minutes. Weird.

We had a great time visiting with everyone! It was a great group of people and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. TC and I ended up staying much later with two other girls that we hung out with all the time (in fact, they were attendants in our wedding). The girls all got to see my belly jump. That was fun since no one but TC and me had seen that happen. We talked about all kinds of girly stuff which was fun! I think at one point, the guys turned up the TV so they wouldn't have to listen to us talk about crazy hair growth and visits with our OB/GYNs.

At 10:00 pm, I was about to turn into a pumpkin, so we had to head back to the hotel. And I left the yummy brownies I made at our friends' house...no sense in all that chocolate/caramely goodness tempting me when it would just give me heartburn!

In case you're interested, here's the brownie recipe that I used:

1 box of any kind of brownie mix (I used Albertson's brand)
ingredients calld for in brownie mix
several candy bars (the recipie I found used Symphony Bars but I used Caramello bars)

Mix the brownies as directed, but make for cake-like brownies (usually just add one extra egg). Pour half of the brownie mix in a 9x13 pan and place the candy bars on top. Pour on the remaining mix and bake as directed. I actually had to add about 15 more minutes to make sure they were cooked through.

We made it back home on Sunday afternoon and boy do we have alot of laundry!

Oh, and on a slightly sadder note, on our way out of town, we passed what used to be Uno's Pizza. That's the place where TC and I had our first dinner together as a married couple. It's still a pizza place, but not Uno's.

And, I'm thinking that I had my first foray into the world of the 'rhoids this weekend. Nice...

1 comment:

^starshine said...

I swore I posted a comment this morning...hmmmmmmm....

Glad to hear the Doctor's appointment went so well. Baby Pebble will be here before you know it!

Glad to hear Baby World worked out. I am even more glad that they were still open! Who knew!

One of these days you are going to have to give in and buy a baby outfit! Its a guilty pleasure until it becomes a chore to have to wash the little outfits!