Friday, December 16, 2005

Office Christmas Gifts

So, I have 10 people in my office that I need to get gifts for. There are actually only 3 other people in my office. But there are two more in the area and then 5 more upstairs in Public Relations that I work with alot. I'm going to leave out the other 450 employees here on campus.

Anyway, what to do? Last year, I bought cute little ornaments from Hobby Lobby. I was trying to think of something that might be easy and inexpensive to make and I remembered a recipe from the radio station on Wednesday.

Every Wednesday, they do a segment called Magic Chef and they share a listener's recipe.

This recipe was for White Chocolate Concoction. Not really descriptive, huh? Except for the white chocolate part.

Well, essentially, it's popcorn covered with melted white chocolate and then tossed with your choice of:

crushed peppermints
broken pretzels
slivered almonds
peanuts
colored sprinkles
etc.

I'm going to make this for the office people! And I'll be using red and green sprinkles. I have to make it sometime this weekend along with some Lime Jello Salad because our Christmas Party is on Monday.

I better make some for me, too...

2 comments:

^starshine said...

I made this just this morning!! I like to toss in butterscotch chips or mint chocolate chips.

I don't know what they told you on the radio but I found it easy to spread the popcorn (unsalted and unbuttered) on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. I spread the white almond bark over the popcorn and toss the popcorn to get it evenly spread.

I then put it to set in the fridge.
The wax paper makes it easier to get the popcorn off and you can break it into bigger bite pieces this way too.

Super tasty!!
(great minds think alike!)

I ripped the recipe off from another co-worker and she called it "popcorn snow."

snarflemarfle said...

Oooh...I like popcorn snow much better. And the mint chocolate chips might be really nice!

The radio talked about putting it in a big bowl. I like the cookie sheet idea better.

Thanks!