Sunday, April 16, 2006

Lots of Firsts

We had several firsts today!

X-man celebrated his first Easter. Of course, we didn't hide any Easter eggs and there wasn't a basket for him. My parents brought an Easter present for TC and me when they were here last weekend and I just love it! I can't tell you what it is, though, because my sister hasn't gotten hers and I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Other firsts...X-man wore his cute little Robeez with the trains on them. We got them as a gift from one of my cousins and I hadn't even thought about him wearing them yet because I thought they might be too big. Well guess what...not too big. We better get to wearing them before he grows out of them! My cute little man with big feet!

Today, we tried the bottle. It's still expressed milk, but we wanted to try the bottle on a day when all was pretty relaxed...and TC could give it to him. I'm trying to prepare for this summer when TC and I will be going to the summer stock musical theater here in town. We have season tickets in awesome seats so we are not about to give those up! The shows generally are about 2-3 hours long and we like to have dinner before hand. The babysitter will most likely need to feed Mr. X-man before he goes to bed. And I don't want to use formula, so I'm trying to get up my stash of milk. He did great taking the bottle! I kinda expected him to drink the whole 4 ounces I had in there, but he only took 2. Seems pretty full and is asleep on daddy's chest...daddy's asleep, too. So, I'm thinking the bottle is no problem. It's not something I want to do every day, but it'll be good for those times that I'm gone while he's hungry and even for when we go out of town. I can feed X-man the bottle while we're on the road and cut down on the amount of time that we spend sitting at the gas station with me nursing. Don't get me wrong, I plan on breastfeeding as long as possible, but this is just a tiny convenience.

I did think that it was just adorable watching TC feed X-man. I know it's a different experience for TC than it is for me, but still, I totally loved watching my husband feed our little one.

Off to eat our delicious baked apples. Man, oh man are they yummy!

No comments: