Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Long night

At X-man's 6 month check up, the pediatrician told me that I could drop the early morning nursing when I was comfortable, but I should probably wait a few weeks to let his weight get back up after having rota-yuck. Two weeks after that appointment, a quick weigh on the scale showed a 10 oz weight gain. So I figured that a full month would be enough time to gain back some weight...and that would make next week the time for dropping the feeding.

Except X-man had other plans.

Monday night was kinda long...he woke up at midnight, 1:00 and 2:00. At 2:00, though, he got himself back to sleep before I went to calm him down. Then he slept until 5:15 effectivly sleeping through that 3:00 am nursing! So, I moved my plan up a week.

Last night, X-man woke up at 11:00 and I gave him the pacifier and patted his back and he went back to sleep. At midnight he woke up again...I went and rocked him. At 1:00 he woke up again. More rocking. He started fussing at 2:00, but got back to sleep in my 10 minute wait period. Then at 4:00 it turned bad. He woke up and I went in expecting a great fuss fest. Nope. I picked him up and he was just about asleep before I could even sit in the rocking chair. After about 10 minutes I put him back in his crib...but I think that one of the little hairs on his head must have tipped him off that that was where he was going because he woke up and banshee-screamed at me! Ok, so that little cycle lasted 45 minutes and I finally went and got TC. After about 20 minutes of him going through the same thing, he decided to just let X-man cry himself to sleep. TC came to bed and turned off the baby monitor.

I could still hear X-man down the hall so I didn't really get back to sleep...neither did TC.

X-man finally went back to sleep. TC said it was 20 minutes. I have to rely on him for the time or roll over and put on my glasses...I can't see two inches in front of my face without 'em!

So, it's now 7:25 and the boy that has been waking up at 5:45 FOREVER is still asleep. I'm sure he's worn out from all the fussing.

Gah...this parent stuff will turn your hair gray!

No comments: