Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Uneventful Night

Thank goodness!

The way yesterday evening went, I was afraid that either TC or I would be up with X-man most of the night!

X-man wasn't overly giggly yesterday and a little more fussy than usual. He took two good naps and then fell asleep on my lap around 5:00. At 6:00, TC came home and that woke X-man right up. He usually giggles and grins for daddy, but not last night. He commenced a 45 minute scream fest. We tried feeding him his dinner (sweet potatoes and chicken noodle stuff) but that didn't help. I held him; TC held him; we sat on the floor; we walked around the house. Nothing helped. By that time it was 7:00. Since X-man does love his bath (and it was close to his bath time anyway), we decided to try that. He was good for a little bit, but didn't really play much.

He fussed again through us putting on his pajamas, but that's not unusual. He just doesn't like getting dressed!

I nursed him and that calmed him down a bit, then he'd pop off and fuss again. He did finally latch on and ate and was calm for a long time. After an hour I finally put him down in his crib. He wasn't fully asleep yet, but he just rolled over and slept.

All night.

It's now 7:00 and he's made a few noises, but he's not fully awake yet.

He had no fever, didn't look like he'd been bitten by anything and we see no sign of teeth. I just felt so bad that I couldn't help him feel better. We'll see how today goes. Hopefully he's back to his happy self!

2 comments:

RB said...

Hope things are ok, it is probably just a little phase!

Stubbed My Toe said...

Worse feeling in the world is not being able to comfort our loved ones. I feel for ya.