Saturday, June 23, 2007

He has confidence in me

On our morning run to Target, we had a Wahl hair clipper thingy on the list. TC decided that if he can go to Sports Clips and have them shave his whole head with a number 1 1/2 razor, we can do the same thing at home and he can save the $15. So, along with an extra battery for one of the cordless phones, some Oil of Olay Thermal Pedicure (which I can't wait to try out tomorrow!), a 1-cup measuring cup and a box of diapers, we got a Wahl home hair cutter system.

After X-man went to bed, we ran an extension cord from our bedroom to the back porch, plopped TC in a chair and I got after his hair with the razor. He had been telling me all day that it wouldn't be a big deal. Just go over his entire head with the clippers and then pull of the guard and use the super-close setting to clean up his neck and his sideburns. I figured out really fast that the trimmer works much better if you don't giggle.

Well, wouldn't you know it? His hair looks great! It's super short like he likes it. One more hair cut and we've paid for the trimmer. I asked TC what he was going to do with the $15 he saved and he said, "Put it in the savings account and make 20 cents."

My hubby...always the saver.

3 comments:

^starshine said...

I can just see you guys doing that too!! I hope the june bugs and mosquitos weren't buzzin' ya too much while you clipped TC's hair! LOL!!

Shelly said...

Rey and I figured out that we could save a lot of money that way as well. Rey has to go every 3 weeks or his hair is just way too shaggy. We bought a set of clippers and they have paid for themselves about 10 to 15 times over.

SarahB said...

Aww, of course he has confidence in you, and of course it looks great! Good work!

p.s. I tagged you--don't worry about it if you don't want to. :)