Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Craft Spree

I have been on quite the craft purchasing spree these last two weeks! Good thing I have a little part-time job so I don't have to dip into diaper money!

So, two weeks ago I purchased a cuttlebug. It's a die cut and embossing machine that's pretty affordable (especially with a Hobby Lobby 40% of coupon!) and doesn't take up much room (the sides fold up when you're not using it). It's going to look so nice in my new craft room!!! More on the new room in another post.

After I purchased that, I decided that I needed some Nestabilities dies in plain and scalloped large rectangles. These puppies will cut out a nice rectangle (of course, I can do that with just a paper cutter but it is so much more than that!) and it will emboss a nice little frame just inside the rectangle. But what I really fell in love with was Nichole Heady's project on her blog. The way she embossed a little frame on her card front is just so elegant (you'll have to scroll toward the middle of the post to see it).

Shortly after that, Nichole released her new holiday stamp sets on Papertrey. I only bought three of them (and then the halloween one!) so I'm waiting on those to come in (since I also put a backordered product in my cart but they'll be back in stock tomorrow). I can't wait to get those!!! Fun Christmas gifts are already reeling through my mind!

I have had a chance to play with my cuttlebug and it cuts beautifully! I just don't have the right equipment for the embossing. And since the nestabilities are a cuttlebug product, that's not surprising. I tried different variations of fun foam and cardstock shims to make the embossing work right, but it just didn't cut the mustard (emboss the mustard?). So, I went ahead and ordered some embossing mats made by the nestabilites people and the same product that many are using to emboss with nestabilites in their cuttlebugs.

Whew! Good thing I got paid on Monday!

No comments: