Thursday, January 08, 2009

At least I remembered how to get to the gym!

Several years before X-man was born, TC and I joined a gym that's near the house. We'd pack our gym bags and go there after work (since it was on our way home, that made it easy!). I didn't do much more than walk on the treadmill and the elliptical, but I would use the weight machines sometimes.

And when I got pregnant with X, it was good to go to the gym after work. I think that's what helped me not gain too much weight during that pregnancy. And after he was born, I lost the 30 pounds from the pregnancy and another 20! That was awesome! Sadly, that hasn't happened since Buttercup's birth. I still have 20 pounds to lose to get back to my prepregnancy weight. And about 30 more to get to what my doc says is a health weight for me.

So, yesterday morning when I was getting ready, I put on a pair of pants that I was hoping would fit. I looked like a sausage stuffed in them! They zipped and buttoned and I could breath, but it just wasn't pleasant to look at.

In an effort to fit in my clothes better and get rid of this baby weight, I got up this morning at 5AM and went to the gym. My choices were 5AM or 7:30 after Buttercup went to bed. And I didn't think that I'd be as motivated to go out after dinner, resting, etc., so I decided that first thing in the morning would be better. Yes, the gym has childcare, but I just don't trust the people working there.

It wasn't that bad this morning. I just didn't think about how early it was (the alarm is usually set for 5:30, so it wasn't too much earlier). And TC got to eat breakfast at home...and he even left for work about 20 minutes earlier than usual!

1 comment:

MommyLuv said...

I think turning 30 has something to do with it! I am 5 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight, but I have high cholesterol and an unhealthy body fat percentage (according to my doctor). How is that so when I only weigh 120 pounds?!? So, my philosophy on all that is..what's the point??? Geesh!