Saturday, January 17, 2009

Out of the mouths...

The backstory to this could get cumbersome, so I'll make it simple. We were discussing how we were people/persons with X-man (one person, two or more people was a little over his head) and daddy said, "You are a person."

X-man looked at daddy with a very concerned look on his face and said, "I am not a person!"

Daddy said, "Well, what are you?"

X-man said, "I'm a gentleman boy!"

...

Tonight X-man wanted to take a bath with Buttercup. He likes playing with her in the bathtub and it's fun with all four of us in the bathroom!

They were playing just fine and Buttercup started to sing...more like hollering, but it was a happy holler. X-man clouded up, pouted his lip, looked at me and with tears running down his cheeks said, "Buttercup's hollering at me!" And he started wailing so Buttercup thought it was just in response to her song so she started singing louder! And you know how resonant the bathroom is!! (You do, don't you? Yes, I've practiced my flute in there several times...it just sounds so pretty!) X-man just kept crying and didn't stop until I took Buttercup out of the tub!

Anyway, I'm not sure what set X-man off about Buttercup's singing, but I'd have been laughing at him if it wasn't so pitiful!

...

We bought Wii Music today. It's a cute little game and X-man was more interested in watching than actually playing. And the one time we tried to let him play (I think we picked the xylophone) he couldn't get the wii remote and nunchuck moving with enough force for it to register. Anyway, one of the songs on there is "Daydream Believer" so we played that song. TC started singing and out comes, "Cheer up Sweet BaJean!" I almost fell over laughing! He said he didn't think those were the real words but they fit...and he wasn't interested in looking up the real ones (Cheer up sleey Jean).

...

And lest one thinks that *I* never mess up the words to a song, I'll go ahead and tell some on me. I don't remember the setting, but I was singing along to Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" and at one point I said, "To me you're like a rolling dictionary did ya know, yeah.*" I thought TC was going to hurt himself laughing! He didn't know what the real words were, but he was 100% certain that Seal wasn't singing about a rolling dictionary and what was that, anyway? I told him I had this interesting picture of a rolodex in a graveyard. I know...weird. And of course I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Aerosmith song "Loving it in Lovington" or George Strait's "I'm a River by Mornin'!"

So, any interesting song lyrics you've messed up lately?

*"To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny"

No comments: