Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Who's on first...

Yesterday, all the news stations were predicting a winter storm that was going to really hit by the afternoon. And it did. The kids and I headed out in the morning for groceries and we got back before the roads got bad.

It continued to precipiate throughout the day and by evening it was really icy outside.

When TC came home from work, I went and got a flashlight to shine it in X-man's mouth...his two year molars are poking through! (Yes, he's about to be 3) After I was through, he wanted to play with the flashlight, so I gave it to him and told him to put it in a specific place so we could find it if we needed it. Can you see where this is going?

Around 7pm last night, the power went out. It was dark outside and it was dark inside...with the exception of TC's iTouch. That was a pretty handy flashlight! So, we asked X-man where he put the flashlight. The conversation went something like this:

Us: "X-man, where did you put the flashlight?"
X-man: "Where did I put it?" (in a most adorable little boy voice)
Us: "We are trying to find it! Do you remember where you put it?"
X-man: "Yes"
Us: "Where is it?"
X-man: "Where is it?"
Us: "Did you put it in the drawer like we asked?"
X-man: "Yes"
Us: "Well, it's not there. Did you put it in your room?"
X-man: "Yes"
Us: (in his room) "Is it in your dresser?"
X-man: "No"
Us: "Is it in your frog tent?"
X-man: "No"
Us: "Is it in your closet?"
X-man: "No"
Us: "Where did you put it?"
X-man: "Where did I put it? Mommy, FIND IT!"

And it just went on from there. It would have been funny if I wasn't so stressed. Buttercup was wailing mostly because X-man was whining. I did have another flashlight in my bedroom but it didn't work.

After the power came back on TC remembered that there was a really nice battery-powered lantern/lamp in the front closet.

And I ordered two crank-up flashlights from Amazon (one for my sister and one for us) so we don't have to worry about not having a working flashlight.

And no, X-man, you may not play with it.

And no, we have not found the flashlight yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That stinks. Hope you found it!