Saturday, September 17, 2005

Acceptance

I'm not sure if this is an actual stage in pregnancy or not, but I'm going to go ahead and say it is for me.

I've finally accepted my belly as baby instead of pudge. This happened yesterday. I was wearing an Old Navy skirt that in previous wearings, needed to be pinned on either side by about 2 inches each. Ummmm...I didn't need any pins yesterday. And since it's not winter yet, the only top I had to wear with it is a pretty form fitting stretch shirt. So, needless to say, I looked pretty "blossomed."

As I was walking down the hall to the bathroom, I happened to hit class-change time. Ugh. Lots of students not paying attention to where they're going, on their cell phones with their friends that are in the next hallway, or "snogging" with their significant other (yes, I'm in the middle of the newest Harry Potter). I saw my reflection in a window and thought..."Look at that cute pregnant belly! Yea for me!" And I decided that I didn't care if other people thought I was just fat. 'Cause, you know, my baby belly will eventually go away (even if not all the way)...but their pre-judging people won't go away so easily. So, there!

Ok, off to watch the OU vs. UCLA game. Even though it would get me killed to say it in public, I'm kinda rooting for UCLA. Shhhh...