Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'm Crafty!

Um...is that an allusion to the Beastie Boys? TC would be so proud!

I was quite crafty this weekend. On Friday afternoon, I checked my email. I had a reminder from a friend that their baby was being baptized on Sunday, Jan. 1. I hadn't been to a shower for this baby and I hadn't made a baby blanket. So, at 5:00 on Friday evening, I decided that I had enough yarn left over from this project and I could use this pattern to whip up a pretty cute, quick blanket. I got started.

By Saturday evening (I'd say around 6:00), I was finished. And it only took a few hours!

Other craft projects included cleaning the office. I consider that crafty since the office is also my craft room. And I need the space in order to craft.

Then I got to work on a scrapbook for the baby. I had originally thought I'd start small with a 6in.x6in. book...not as intimidating as a 12x12! Well, my church friends are having a shower for me and the invitation won't fit in a 6x6. And I wanted to make a sign in page for the guests. I'm pretty impressed with what I've done so far considering I don't quite have all the supplies I'll need. But I'll order that soon enough. I've got two pages plus the sign in page, so that should be sufficient for the shower.

No comments: