Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Big Boy!

X-man has a big boy belly button!

. . .


I'm really loving my post-pregnancy body. Is that weird? TC keeps telling me he has to pinch my butt twice because it's so small. I can tell my hips are not as wide and my waist is back. I put on a cute shirt today and it was all boobs. Now, we won't talk about the fact that I leaked on the shirt.

I can wear a pair of pants I bought at the beginning of the pregnancy to wear in between my regular pants and maternity pants. And even those pants are feeling a little big.

I'm enjoying being able to bend over and pick up things and that I can hug TC without having to make room for my belly.

I do miss being pregnant just a little bit, though. Of course, this is the natural progression, but I felt very maternal and special knowing that I was being the vessel for growing a sweet little person. I'm still feeling maternal, but obviously in a much different way than when I was pregnant.

What a special gift God has given us. I'm so thankful that we've been entrusted with Xander. I hope we can live up to His standards.

3 comments:

SarahB said...

Glad to hear you are loving your new body! I'm still suprised every time I look in the mirror and don't see a big belly!

RB said...

Sounds like things are going well!

Anonymous said...

Just wait - one afternoon you'll have gas and feel a bubble and be like, "Oh, baby's moving WAIT A MINUTE I AM NOT PREGNANT AAAAAAGH!" And then you will realize - gas. Meh.

I still miss being pregnant - but not the last few weeks!