Friday, July 14, 2006

Poor Baby

I called the pediatrician yesterday because X-man has been really fussy and gassy the last few days and I was worried it was a tummy ache. Poor kid would scream and grunt and toot all at the same time. He didn't have a fever yesterday morning, but he did have a really congested nose. Poor thing sounded like Darth Vader when he was breathing.

I told the nurse all the symptoms I saw and she said that he could have a stomach bug or something I was eating was making him uncomfortable. Since I'm exclusively breastfeeding, that could be a problem.

The nurse suggested I remove dairy from my diet as well as nuts and leafy greens. Nuts and greens are not a problem. But dairy? Let's see. For breakfast I usually have a bowl of cereal or a bowl of instant oatmeal made with milk instead of water. For lunch I usually have a bowl of easy mac or oatmeal if I didn't have it for breakfast. And sometimes for a snack I'll have cheese. Sheesh! Now, I know this isn't as drastic as some ladies have to go in order to help there little ones feel better, but now I've got to figure out what to eat. What do I have in my house that doesn't have dairy in it?

No comments: