Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Magic



Is there anything more magical than watching your little baby sleeping in your arms?

I enjoy most of my time with X-man (some of those diapers make me wonder!), but I always enjoy rocking him to sleep...for naps and for bedtime. I totally forget my to-do list while I'm looking at him.

Sometimes he has little "dreams" I guess and he'll squench up his eyelids or he'll gently cry or he'll get a great big toothy grin. I have to try not to laugh because I don't want to wake him up.

And after I get him to sleep, I have to tell myself that it is necessary for my sanity and for his development that he actually sleep in his crib. I'd rather just sit and watch him sleep and kiss his little forehead.

I know that I've only known X-man for 9 months and there are sure to be many more magical moments to come, but for now, I'm enjoying the slow-down-and-watch-me-sleep moments.

No comments: