Saturday, January 27, 2007

From Mellow to Hyper

The tubes are working. At least that's what I'm going to attribute X-man's incredibly good mood to.

He's a very good-natured baby and usually quite mellow. Since he's gotten the tubes, he's been almost hyper! It's more than just constant motion. I can't really explain it.

Today I went to my neighbor's for a Stamp Camp. She's a Stampin' Up! distributor and she supplies my rubberstamping habit. Anyway, I was over there for 3 1/2 hour. When I got home, X-man saw me and immediately started giggling. He giggled until I picked him up and then he started really squealing and belly laughing! We sat on the couch and he laughed at me sticking my tongue out and putting it back in for, I don't know, 10 minutes. We both giggled and laughed so much that daddy had to quit watching his tape of Star Trek: Enterprise. X-man really knew how to make me feel missed!

You should see me, though, when I give him his ear drops in the morning. Night ear drops aren't too much of a problem because we wait until he's asleep and then put the drops in. While he's in my lap I can hold his arms down and daddy can give him the drops. He fusses but goes right back to sleep.

The mornings are another story entirely. I was telling my mom that I wasn't sure how I was going to do it by myself. My smart mom suggested that I wrap him up in a big towel and then give him the drops. So I wrap him up in a big beach towel on my bed...he tells me quite loudly how much he does not enjoy that! Then I stradle the screaming kid and while holding his head down, give him the drops. It sounds awful, but it gets the job done and I'm not really hurting him...but he has his own opinion.

I'm hoping that X-man does wonderfully with the tubes and that ear infections are a thing of the past.

No comments: