Wednesday, January 31, 2007

January Roundup

I'm really enjoying my online "journal" and it's much more interesting than my calendar from 1986ish wherein I wrote my weight every day for about 4 months. What was that all about? I've never been one to worry about my weight (even when I was 197 pounds right before having X-man!).

I'm going to start doing a monthly roundup. I got the idea from Katie the Scrapbook Lady. What a great way to record a few milestones from the month! If you like this idea, please see Katie's blog and find "roundups" in her categories to read hers.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Books? I don't have too much time for books. But magazines, I can read those! Reader's Digest is a regular read, Parent's Magazine and Real Simple are also favorites of mine. Good Housekeeping, American Baby and Baby Talk are in the stack, too. My craft magazines this month included Rubberstamper and CardMaker. I also picked up a copy of Knit It and fell in love with one of the felted purses. I'll think about that after I get my other projects finished (or at least a little further along!)

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

With our new DVR, we record lots of things now, including a few movies. We watched The Family Stone and it was horrible! We rented The Book of Daniel series and enjoyed watching those. Other TV shows that we watched regularly included Star Trek: Enterprise, The Apprentice, The Real World/Road Rules Duel and then other shows as we flip through them. I promise we don't just veg in front of the TV! We do play with X-man all the time!

What special days did I celebrate and how?

We celebrated New Years with my parents since they were in town for the weekend. I think we stayed up until 11:00...which is quite late for me!

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

I ordered sis's Christmas present and since she hasn't gotten it yet, I can't say what it is!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

I had a massive headache on the 12th so TC stayed home with us. That was also the day that a big ice storm hit our town and kept us inside for 4 days. X-man got tubes put in his ears and did wonderfully. We're hoping that will be the last of the ear infections.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Last Thursday, I went out with the girls from church to celebrate the birthdays in the group. Since there were 6 of us within a 6 month time period that all had babies, we have let our Bunco group slide. So, instead of getting together for Bunco, we've been getting together for dinner to celebrate birthdays each month! It's great fun and we haven't been thrown out of a restaurant (yet) for being too lound.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

I made PitterPatter's Chicken Enchiladas last Sunday and they were delicious!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

We paid of TC's car this month!

What were this month's disappointments?

I finally quit my handbell group at church. It's really going to make our Wednesday nights much easier (we're still trucking to church for jazz band or concert band that night) and it's going to be much better for my mental health. Some of those ladies are crazy! I'm going to miss playing bells, but I have offered to be a sub in church when they need me!

What were my accomplishments this month?

I figured out how to get my non-profit's financials all set up in QuickBooks. I am not a mathy person, so this was a little overwhelming. And I also got the 990EZ all filled out!

Anything else noteworthy to record?

Just last night I started joining all the hexagons for X-man's baby blanket! It's going to be a good size for carrying around. And that kept me from having to make a million more hexagons.

No comments: