Tuesday, September 11, 2007

19 Months

X-man is 19 months old today!

He is such a polite little boy. He loves to say, "Hi" on the phone...and usually says it just as soon as the phone on the other end starts ringing. I have to remind him that we should wait until someone answers the phone.

He likes to say hi and wave to people when we're out...especially the guys. I think he knows that guys have to stick together!

It's amazing how much he really understands. When we come back from the grocery store, I usually put him in his high chair and then carry the groceries in and put them away. The last few times, I've let him run around the kitchen while I bring everything in. Of course, that means lots of, "Please close that cabinet door. Don't play in the cabinet. That's not for X-man."

As I was bringing in a sack of groceries, I asked X-man where the groceries went. He ran right to the counter where I put them and put his little hands as high up as he could to indicate that the stuff went right there.

And talking about putting things where they belong, he has a place for everything. His teddy bear sits in a specific spot on the couch while we eat. His blankets hang on specific rails over his crib when he wakes up. He likes to close the lid on the trash can. When he goes into my bedroom (where I usually take the trash can and put it on the counter) he now takes the trash can and tries to put it up on the counter for me!

And we still haven't seen any more indication of teeth. He has started to show quite an interest in ice out of our glass. And he was very happy to see his teething ring when I pulled it out of the freezer this afternoon.

He's going to need another haircut again. And anyone that was worried that his first haircut cut off all his curls, need not worry. The curls are back and they're just as cute as ever!

No comments: