Friday, October 26, 2007

Anxiety brings on OCD

I don't know what was up with me yesterday. I had two different situations that really were making me anxious/panic-y and I could feel a "moment" coming on.

When I was going through my anxiety/panic attacks I started to call my attacks, "moments." It helped to make them feel less overwhelming and something that would soon pass.

Anyway, we've been moving our office/craft stuff into our new area and I've gotten all my rubberstamps moved. I started an index spreadsheet because I wanted to keep a list of all the sets I have and I needed labels for most of the sets so I could just look in the cabinet and see the set name. So I was putting the labels on and I had one label left over. Well, I couldn't find a set that wasn't labeled and I KNOW I saw that set while I was labeling everything. But where was it?!? I have two drawers of stamps and I looked all through those and I have one cabinet with 4 stacks of stamp sets. I looked through the first three stacks and it wasn't in there. I was sure I saw it in that first stack. So, I went through this whole process for about 20 minutes (always leaving out the fourth stack of stamps because there was no way it could be in that stack! ).

I finally had to quit looking because I really felt like I was going to have a panic attack! And really, this stamp set wasn't worth the worry...I don't think I've ever even used it yet!

And later last night as we were getting ready for bed, TC had Futurama on the TV (I love that cartoon!) and one of the characters made a comment, "They were good hands." I asked TC what movie that was a quote from and he had no idea. He didn't believe me that it was a movie quote! I'm not really the one that remembers quotes and things from movies.

Well, I kept replaying the quote in my mind and I told TC I had an image of a sad character (I couldn't quite picture the character) looking at his hands (I knew it was a male) and just sounding so forlorn about his "good hands." I must have talked about it for 10 minutes in bed after we'd turned off the lights and the TV! Finally TC said, "Go look it up!!!"

So, off to IMDB (did you know they have a quote search?) and finally found what I was looking for:

They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they? I always thought that's what they were.


Anyone recognize it? It was the Rock Biter from The Neverending Story! Ahh...I felt much better after figuring that out!

By the way, I did find the stamp set this morning. I had put a wrong label on the set.

So, all is well with the world...

No comments: