Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Homecoming!

TC, X-man and I all loaded up the car last Thursday and headed to my hometown which is also where our alma mater is. We don't usually get to town (it's a 4.5 hour drive) until Friday night, but since TC's 10 Year Reunion dinner was Friday night, he took two days off work and we got to go early!


This is my teepee.


On Thursday we got to watch the Teepee Raising. TC's social club got their teepee up first and my social club was a very close second...of course, there were only two clubs really racing. And the girls in my club will tell you that they really won because the boys didn't tack down their tarp or something. Either way, it was fun to watch! And X-man got to go inside my club's teepee. I'm not real sure he understood what was going on!



On Friday, we spent most of the day with my parents and they love having a little helper around the house. X-man loves to help (and he's great at unfolding the laundry!). Friday evening was TC's reunion dinner so we went to that and had a great time! We enjoyed ourselves and after the dinner, headed over to ASH's hotel room (with her sister and sister's fiance) before going back out to campus for the bonfire.



Yes, those are pallets for the firewood. Cheap wood = lots of smoke! It's always fun to watch and the firemen stay close in case something goes awry. They did have to put a little water on it due to the wind causing it to burn funny, but that's about it. And boy was I glad that we got to go home afterwards and sleep in a bed (even if it was on a sofabed). While I was in college, I spent several homecomings sleeping in the teepee.

Saturday morning TC got up to run the 5K. I went with him...but to watch from the stands. His goal was to finish it in under 30 minutes. The picture I got shows him at 28:35 and I don't remember what the official results said, but he made his goal! I was so excited for him, I was actually crying when he crossed the finish line! Crazy pregnancy hormones!

After TC got cleaned up, we headed back to campus for other reunions. I had my social club reunion and got to see PitterPatter (wow, she really needs to update!). There was a funny moment where the president of club mentioned an "antique" club item that they had. PitterPatter and I both groaned because the "antique" item she was speaking of is only about 10 years old...PitterPatter and I made it! I know she didn't mean anything bad by it, it just really cracked me up!

The football game was fun even if we lost. I didn't even really pay attention to the game. I was visiting more than watching!

Saturday evening we went to TC's social club reunion. That was really fun! It was at Spaghetti Warehouse and I was really impressed at how good my meal was. The last time I ate at Spaghetti Warehouse (not in the same town), it was terrible!

After dinner was a little rest before we went back to campus (it's a small town, so even if it sounds like alot of driving, it really wasn't) for everyone to sing their club songs. I always really enjoy that part of homecoming. After that was a trip to a coffee shop with several friends where we stayed out until midnight...way past my bedtime, but I managed to stay awake the whole time anyway!

All in all, we had a great time. There were a few people that weren't there that I would have liked to see, but I understand having other commitments. Next year is my 10th year reunion! Yahoo!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Sounds like a great time. Sorry we couldn't make it this year. This is the 1st year that Rey and I missed EVERYTHING. I was bummed. I love the pic of X-man in the teepee. What a cutie!

Amanda Fortney said...

X-man looks so big!!!