Friday, December 07, 2007

Of Kids and Crafties

Kid first, crafts second.

X-man has finally gotten over his fever (I hope I haven't jinxed it!). He came home from CDO on Wednesday with a fever. I talked to one of his teachers on Wednesday evening and she said she never would have guessed that X-man didn't feel good. In fact, he ate every single bite of his lunch that I sent (that hardly ever happens...but he'll eat all his lunch on pizza day! Smart kid!).

Anyway, he still had an ok appetite on Wednesday night and all day yesterday. I didn't give him any milk yesterday but he drank a little water. And he had uber-wet diapers, so I knew he wasn't dehydrated.

He appears to be back to his smiley, playing self. He's napping right now so hopefully the end of the yuckies will be all gone when he wakes up.

And that means that TC and I can go to our Sunday School Christmas Party tonight! I've been working on a gift basket for our gift exchange. Wanna see? This is the crafy part...



Here's the whole gift basket. Cute, huh?



In the front are two boxes with Hershey's Nuggets in them. I stamped on an address label and wrapped that around the regular nugget wrapper. I made these cute little boxes from a template I found on Splitcoaststampers (by member cdjkssss...she shared the template for almost any arrangement of nuggets imaginable!). They are so cute!



Next is a box of cards. Again, I found the template for the box on SCS (and now I can't find it). And it's more like a wallet than a box. The bow holds it together and when you open it, there is a pocket on either side with the cards and envelopes.



And the cards...The designs are all pretty much similar to ones I've seen on other peoples' blogs or galleries. I'm not good at designing these things myself, so I have to use someone else's ideas. The middle card came from Nichole Heady's design.



Finally, in the back, you'll see two covered Lindt Truffles bags. I saw this here. It's such a simple idea, but I'm glad she thought of it! It really dresses up a bag of candy!

It's all in a green, plastic "tub" I found at Target.

I'm going to wrap it up in some tissue paper and then some clear cellophane. I even stamped on the tissue paper!!

Now for the product info, for anyone that's interested:

Stamps: Santa from Stampfrancisco (he comes in several sizes, of which I have three...and I used all three of them! Isn't he just so sweet?); all other stamps from Papertrey Ink (Snowflake Serenade, Spiral Bouquet, Believe, Holiday Treats)

Paper: Patterned Paper from Hobby Lobby, all other cardstock from SU! (bashful blue, pink passion, green galore, certainly celery, night of navy)

Ink: Also SU! ink, in the same colors as the cardstock

Other: Rectangle Nestabilities, SU! ticket corner punch, corner rounder, brads, ribbon

No comments: