Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lunch a la 1970

X-man and I enjoyed a nice Peanut Butter & Banana sandwich...but I cooked it in my sandwich maker! No, it's not a fancy panini press. It's one of those jobbers that presses the sandwich into two little triangle pockets! And boy, was it yummy. Gooey peanut butter and warm 'nanners are delish.

Now I'm going to have to try making little pizza pockets. X-man will love those! And one of the recipes in the manual said to use a cake mix and make little cakes. Boy, wouldn't that be yummy with a little frosting slathered on top? I've been trying to think of all kinds of things I could cook in this puppy!

I'm having a serious sweet tooth...

Speaking of sweet tooth, I tried out the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market on Monday for my groceries instead of my regular grocery store which is right across the street. I do think their prices are a bit better. But...

The store doesn't seem as clean as my regular one, but I seem to remember my regular one (a low-price local chain) not seeming as clean as the Albertson's I had been going to before that (which was before X-man was born). And it was darker in the Neighborhood Market. And the shelves were messy. And I'm just not a Wal-Mart gal so I know I was going in with a bit of prejudice.

Anywho. I purchased a big bag of Hershey's Assorted Nuggets. There were milk chocolate, milk chocolate with almonds, Special Dark with almonds and milk chocolate with toffee and almonds (those are my favorite!). I ate two of the milk chocolate with almonds and the almonds were bad! Boo! After looking up how to read the best by date (which turned out to be August 2008), I called Hershey's and Kay, the very nice rep I talked to, apologized and is going to send me reimbursement (most likely a coupon. And who would expect anything less from Hershey's?

No comments: