Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just a little late

Well, I clearly missed Buttercup's 8 months post on the 7th and X-man's 2 year, 8 months post on the 11th. I'll just put it all together here...

Buttercup:


  • She prefers her pacifier upside-down. It looks like she's got a constant frown when she has it like that!
  • Her army scoot is just too cute! Occasionally she'll get up on her hands and knees and rock, but then her little knees just flop out from underneath her.
  • Buttercup's getting really good at babbling. Her favorite word now is "bla"...I don't know what happened to ma ma, but I'm sure it'll come around again!


X-man:

  • It is obvious he loves his sister! He can make her giggle like no one else can!
  • Buttercup and I seem to have recovered from the stomach virus, but he doesn't seem to. I wondered if maybe he's finally getting his two-year molars, but I don't see anything that looks like teeth coming in. Though I wouldn't be surprised if I saw something pop through in a couple of days.
  • He is so cute when he sings! He's always making up songs made of nonsense words and then telling us the name of the song...which is whatever nonsense word he's honed in on at the time.
  • X-man is getting really good at saying "yes, ma'am" and "yes, sir." He even says it when he's fussing. There is nothing more pitiful than a little boy who's crying because he doesn't feel well, answering a question you just asked him with, "Yes"-sniffle, sniffle-"ma'am" He's such a polite boy!


TC and I were reminincing about the days before children. How, on Saturdays, we used to sleep until we woke up (which was usually 10 or 10:30 am) and then we'd get ready and go to lunch. No more sleeping that late! We also vaguely remembered a time when there weren't toys strewn all over our living room floor. At least we've taught X-man how to pick up his toys before bedtime so they're not all over while we're having "our" time...which is pretty much the same as always: butts on the couch watching our favorite TV shows!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny; Archie and I were trying to remember life before the kids and just could not.