Monday, October 06, 2008

Salvaged Baby Blanket

So, I went to my crochet closet and pulled out the cupcake purse (want the pattern?) and just couldn't part with it yet. In the same space was a partial baby blanket that I had started for a friend, yet couldn't finish. The stitch was just too boring for me (I did make her a different blanket, though). And I couldn't bear to rip it out...I worked too hard on it! Anyway, I picked it up and it was much wider than it was tall. I turned it so that it was long and skinny and made a little flap over. If I could just add a gusset and a strap, I could probably salvage the work!

Here's what I ended up with...



(you can get a bigger picture if you click on it)

I am seriously proud of myself! The gusset was really easy to add and it was handy that I could start at the bottom and join the sides and then just keep going to make the strap and then back down again! Yahoo!

It was my mom's idea to run the raspberry ribbon through it. I was trying to figure out how to crochet a ruffle or something. The ribbon is perfect!

So, I'm going to use this little bag to package the book for the girl whose birthday party X-man is going to. And see that card? It took me two hours to make it! Crazy, but I had fun making it, so that's what matters. And don't remind me that it's for a 3 year old. She'll probably get distracted by something else shiny and never look at the birthday card again. Maybe her mom will keep it...

2 comments:

SarahB said...

That is SO CUTE! And if this little girl is anything like my girls are with little purses, I bet she'll love it!

Unknown said...

TOO cute!!