Friday, February 13, 2009

More funny things...

I know I've said this before, but sometimes I just wish I had a tape recorder going all the time so I could record all of the things that X-man says! And these days, Buttercup tries to get in on the act. But usually, she's just hollering, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and X-man will holler back at her. It cracks them both up!

One of the cute things X-man says is, "Pick me wup!" I don't exactly know when that errant W ended up in the phrase, but it's there now! And he likes to be picked up, especially when he's whining.

Last Sunday, we all went to church and near the end of the service, my mom and I went down to get the kids from the nursery so they could stand up during the part of the service where we sing Happy Birthday to those with birthdays.

I was holding X-man and my mom was holding Buttercup and X-man was ready to go into the sanctuary to see daddy. I told him we needed to wait until the congregation stood up and they started singing. We didn't want to go inside during a prayer. Shortly after that, I reminded X-man to use his inside voice. So he started whispering something.

I couldn't really hear what he was saying due to the waterfall in the church foyer. So I asked him to say it again.

Again, he whispered.

I turned my head so that my ear was to his mouth and he took his little hand, put it on my chin and turned my head so that I was looking at him and whispered again.

Ha!

I told him I couldn't hear him. More whispering from him, head turning from me, and a chin twist from him.

So, this time I said, "Please talk in mommy's ear. I can't hear what you're saying."

And the little stinker said, LOUDLY, and right in my ear, "WHEN THEY ARE STANDING UP WE WILL GO IN!"

I nearly dropped him I was laughing so hard!

1 comment:

Becky said...

so sute - and I would bet that the "wup" is a residual effect of pronoun confusion - you say to him, "do you want me to pick you up?" which sounds like pi-cue-wup. that's my theory, at least.