Thursday, March 26, 2009

She's walking!

Something clicked and Buttercup started walking yesterday! She's been taking a few steps at a time and then crashing on her bottom. But yesterday I propped her up with her back to the couch and I sat a few feet away from her. And here she came at me with her arms out in front of her, a giant grin on her face and laughing and snorting the whole time! She finally got to where she was walking almost half the length of the living room (which I understand means absolutely nothing to those of you that have never seen my living room). Even X-man was getting in on it and clapping and laughing right along! He'd say, "Good girl! You did it." probably because that's what I was saying.

And then she didn't want to stop walking.

She'd crawl to a wall, get herself stood up (is that right? sounds weird) and then walk - somewhere. She still bonks down on her bottom, but she is just so proud of herself! And yesterday when we were at church, she tried to wriggle herself out of my arms so she could walk to the car. But it was 8:45 and we were tired and she's not exactly the fastest and most efficient walker of all time.

She'll get her walking in today though! I bet I get to spend the better portion of today walking right beside her!

Ahhh...kids are so cute!

No comments: