Thursday, June 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop



I don't usually post pictures of the cards I make because so many of them are just recreations of nice cards that I see. But, this one I made because of a Challenge posed by the head of Papertrey Ink, Nichole Heady:

"Summer is FULL of so many wonderful colors, sights & sounds! This month your challenge is to get inspired by the lazy days of summer and reflect your inspiration in a project of your choice! Whether it be the colors in your favorite summer treats, the pattern on your bathing suit & beach towel or even the texture of the sand between your toes, use any or all of these things as a springboard for your design. Please be sure to share an image found online, in a magazine or a photo you have taken yourself that communicates your point of inspiration within the body of your blog post! With everyone's amazing contributions, this ought to be one of the most colorful Blog Hops yet! We look forward to seeing you there!"


So, the first thing that came to my mind was an article I had recently read in Real Simple magazine about how to wear bright, colorful makeup in the summer. I was particularly drawn to the story about the nail polish. I just love nail polish! In the back of every issue of Real Simple is a sheet of cardstock that has tear-out cards. They may be recipes, tips for removing a stain, a quote or just something fun from the magazine. I immediately tore out the card that showed the colors of polish from the article and put it on my craft table. Not only did I want to buy the polishes, I knew I could incorporate those colors into a card. Here's a scan of the tear-out card and the page from the magazine...



On to the card!


This picture came out so small! You can click on it and it will open up a much bigger version for you!

I loved the circle-blobs of nail polish, so I picked Polka Dot Basics (PTI) for the focal point and it was cut out with the largest Labels One Nestabilities. I love the tone-on-tone look of the damask, so I used Pure Poppy (PTI) over the Hibiscus Burst (PTI) cardstock. I wrapped my True Black (PTI) ribbon around the card intending to make a bow, but I decided it wouldn't look right. Then I thought about stamping my sentiment directly on the ribbon and PTI ink is perfect for that! The buttons (PTI) were the perfect finishing touch.


Supplies:
Stamps: (all PTI) Damask Designs, Polka Dot Basics, Handwritten Notes
Cardstock: White (unknown), Hibiscus Burst (PTI)
Ink: Only Orange and Brocade Blue (SU!); Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst, Fresh Snow (PTI), Stazon Black
Accessories: Ribbon (True Black - PTI), Buttons (True Black - PTI), embroidery floss, Labels One Nestabilities

24 comments:

Lori said...

Love the circles!!

Regan said...

very cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute card!!! tfs!!

Melissa said...

Very pretty!

Bethany Paull said...

I love how you did the colorful dots to match your inspiration piece. Now I want to see your newly colorful nails.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awesome!

BethieJ said...

Oh this turned our really CUTE!!
Have a GREAT night!

Jessica said...

Awesome! I love how you drew inspiration from the circles and the colors!

Joni M said...

Great colors! I love the card!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I adore your polka dots and fun black accents. Super job with the fun summer challenge. Thanks for the great eye candy.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Julia Aston said...

fun inspiration picture and very creative card!

Kay D said...

I love how fun the dots are, and the playfulness of them bounces off the elegance of the damask quite nicely- I really like it!

peggysue said...

Those dots are so happy and make up such a cute summery card. Great inspiration piece.

Debbie Olson said...

Fun inspiration piece and fresh idea!

Deanna said...

Ah yes... the lip color, eyeshadow and nail polish article! I have this mag! Awesome!

Kim said...

I like all the multi colored dots!

Allison Cope said...

Awesome card! Love your inspiration image!

Susan said...

I love all the colors on your card - I always love polka dots and I'm definitely going to use the red ink on pink paper - that looks beautiful!

Heidi said...

Cute card! It's very creative!

Kathleen said...

I really like that inspiration picture! What fun! And you did a great job with your card---polka dot basics was a GREAT choice!

Janelle said...

Great colorful polka dots! Like that Pure Poppy on the Hibiscus Burst, too.

Lisa H. said...

very cool! glad you decided to play along. keep posting your cards :)

Aunt Doc said...

I would like to place an order, please :D

Anonymous said...

you selling these babies? - christi W