Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Let us eat (lots of) cake!

Today is TC's birthday. He's 31. And the poor dear is passed out on the bed; exhausted. He drove all morning and he didn't sleep well while we were on vacation. You know. Other beds just aren't as comfortable as your own!

About the cake.

TC is not a big fan of sweets (except me...and he's a huge fan! Ok, I know. Gaggy face.) I think it was for his birthday after I moved up here...that would be in 1998...I decided I was going to get him an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. His favorite ice cream from there is Cherries Jubilee. In fact, I've never seen him get anything else. So, I got him a white cake with the cherry ice cream. He'd never had one before and he loved it! I've conditioned him to be a little more tolerant of sweets (I know...bad me), and he just loves ice cream cake.

I ordered a cake for him before we left for Christmas vacation. Because I was trying to show some willpower, I ordered the cake that feeds 4 people. Even though it's only the two of us that will eat it. Gives us a few days of cake! So, we got home and drove over to BR to pick up the cake. The manager looked at my order form and said, "You ordered the small and I made it for one size bigger. Guess you'll get some extra cake!"

Now, how fabulous is that?!? Of course I'll take extra cake!! Serendipity? I think yes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home safely! Hope you sleep well!

MommyLuv said...

Wish TC a Happy Birthday for us!! Glad to hear that you had a great Holiday!!!!