Thursday, January 19, 2006

Oy!

Two guys walked by my office today on campus obviously lost. And it's easy to get lost here. The campus (about 12,000 FTE students per semester) is one giant building. There are turns and corners and every whicha-ways to go. I don't venture too far from my comfort zone or I'll end up in the Auto Body Shop and not know how to get back!

Anyway, these guys asked where a particular room was. Of course, it was on the opposite end of the building. I got a map, showed them where they currently were, where they needed to be, and a pretty big "landmark" in between...the cafeteria. Of course, the guys knew where the cafeteria was!

As the were leaving, one of them said to the other, "I knew we shoulda taken that right..."

And I said, "Yeah, at Albuquerque!"

The looked at me like I had lost my mind. Is there really a 12 year difference between me and some of the freshmen? And did they really not get the joke?!?

We are going to have to play old Bugs Bunny cartoons for our little one...that's just all there is to it!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

wow
I'd think about everyone in the states would get the reference.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that. Not the boys because that is just sad but your comment. I can just hear Bugs now.