Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Swimming

The Little Pebble, I think, is swimming into the "lock and load" position. For the longest time, the kicks and pushes have been in my upper-right and my lower-left belly. So, I assume the baby was diagonal. Now, when I get in bed at night, the pushes and kicks are side to side. I'm guessing that's gravity related.

Graaaavity works! (bonus points to anyone that knows the movie in that reference!)

Yesterday, the kicks moved to the upper-middle region of my belly. And it feels like the baby's trying to claw it's way out! I know that that's not how baby's come out, but I have no other way to explain that odd feeling. And the hiccups? Can you say, "I have a head bouncing on my bladder."? Yikes! So, I've had a few moments of momentary pressure "down there." I'll be sure to mention it to my OB on Thursday.

This morning on the way to work, the baby was really moving. I'm attributing it to the Garth Brooks CD I had on in the car. The baby has good taste already. I told TC last night that I could play CDs from his Johnny Cash box set in the nursery. We are quite eclectic in our musical tastes. Garth Brooks next to Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition and Johnny Cash next to Lincoln Park's something or other. Throw in a Cledus T. Judd CD next to the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack and that's a pretty good idea of what's in our music stash.

Back to the wiggly baby...I'm very excited about meeting the baby. At the same time, I'm a little sad that I won't have this little one wiggling inside my belly. It's kinda fun to watch! And it makes TC laugh when I get the big, whopping kicks.

No comments: