Sunday, June 11, 2006

Four Months

Wow! I can't believe that you've been here four months already! It seems like just last week I got the "pregnant" on the pregnancy test. It was actually a year ago...

You are four months old and you couldn't be happier. You are such a happy baby and love to be around people. Your little smiles are contagious and your giggle, which is getting more pronounced each day, just has sweetness dripping out of it.

Ok, that's lots of drool...

What is up with all the drool, kid? Your daddy and I call you the drooly monster. You suck on your hands and you have a never ending supply of the wet stuff. I'm getting used to the fact that I'm just going to have a wet shoulder and shirt sleeve.

You are getting really good at reaching for things and then pulling them straight to your mouth. Good boy! However, you often just get rid of the toy in favor of your own hand.

You're not rolling over yet, but when you're on your tummy, it sure does look like you're trying hard to get on your back. You haven't started playing with your feet yet, but you sure can get your legs up in the air!

I love my mamma kisses. You kiss me with your big, wide, open mouth and I love it! You get a great big grin on your face when I come close to kiss you and you wrinkle your nose when I do kiss you. How cute is that?!?

You're an old pro at holding up your head now. Of course, sometimes it looks like a little bobble head doll. Especially when you're through eating.

You love to play patty-cake (or is that pat-a-cake?). You also love it when daddy does the itsy-bitsy spider. I particularly like it when daddy sings itsy-bitsy spider in a minor key! How in the world does he do that? I'm the music major and I don't think that I could do it!

Sleeping and napping are two different stories. You sleep wonderfully at night. In fact, the last two nights, you've slept for 10 hours and then 9 hours before waking up to eat! Naps, not so much. The nap gods are laughing at me for my previous post about getting you down for a nap. The weekend wasn't good for napping, but we'll get there. I'm glad you're sleeping so well at night!

As for clothes, you can still wear a few newborn things, a few three month things and a few 9 month things. This tells me that clothing sizes mean pretty much nothing.

I can't wait until you're old enough to talk and walk and yet I want you to stay this tiny forever. I'm so glad you've come to live with us and I can't wait to see what you can learn to do in the next month.

Oh, and I will apologize right now for having to take you to the doctor tomorrow for your 4 month check up. Hopefully the shots will go fast.

I love you, Punkin Pie!

Mamma

No comments: