Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday Musings

We had a great time with my parents this weekend! X-man enjoyed playing with them and it was really cute to see his face when my dad would talk. He's got a pretty low voice and I think it intrigued X-man. My mom was just adorable playing with him. She sang to him and even found a great stuffed animal (she went "shopping" in his room!) for him to play with.

We went shopping and I loved trying on stuff in size 10! We did buy me a dress and we had to get a 12 due to the overabundant "lunch counter." I got some nice jean jackets made out of Tencel so they're not heavy like denim. They're a really light, soft material and I have one in denim color and one in lime green. I also got some blue jeans that fit like they were made for me!

Here's a quick update on how my instant manicure is fairing. I've had the polish on for 10 days now and my nails still look really good! Now, if you get really close you can see where the polish is cracking (I have laundry, dishes, etc. to do!). But it hasn't chipped and I think that from a distance, it looks practically perfect! The only problem is that my nails are growing so fast that you can see the unpolished nail between my cuticle and the polish. Kinda like I've got acrylics and they are in need of a fill. So, they may not make it the full 14 days like the product says, but they have certainly done better than I expected!

I think that tonight we will put X-man to bed in his own room. He's been napping in there for a few days now and since he sleeps so well at night I don't think there will be any problem. I'm having a few mixed emotions about moving him into his own room. Part of me is ready to have "our" room back and part of me likes him being so close at night. But, he's at the weight limit for the bassinet so it's really safer for him to be in his crib. And momma will be ok. I'll still get that beautifully peaceful early morning nursing, so it's all good.

I really need to get a load of laundry started...

No comments: