Saturday, April 28, 2007

Early Mother's Day Present

I got my Mother's Day present today. I wasn't expecting it...and I'm not sure X-man and TC had time to talk about it, either.

We were going to get a second/bigger memory card for our camera. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of room for our cruise pictures. And since we're not bringing a laptop, we won't have a way to download pics and clear off the camera.

Well, guess what. The camera is so old (3 years!) that regular stores don't carry the kind of memory card it takes. We'd have to order it online or go to a specialty store. Bleh!

Over lunch we discussed what kind of camera we'd like...TC wanted one that was small and I wanted one that had a short lag time between shots.

I am now the proud owner of a Sony Cybershot. It's got nifty features and one in particular is interesting, but I don't know what to do with it!

There is a burst feature that I do understand. It takes a series of 6 pictures in succession. That's pretty cool!

Then there is a multi-burst feature where it takes 16 pictures. So, you'd think that more is better, right?

The regular burst pictures come out in individual frames but the multi-burst ones are all on one frame. I can scroll through each frame on the camera, but when I download it, the 16 pictures are all on one frame (4x4). It's a pretty cool feature, but I'm not sure what to do with it. The multi-shot picture is neat looking, but I've got to figure out what snazzy Photoshop thing I can do with it.

Other than that, today was generally uneventful. The waiter in our sushi restaurant bragged on how well-behaved X-man always is. It's nice to hear other people say such nice things about your kid!

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

Cool for you--so are we to expect lots more pictures? :)