Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Babies

My babies are getting so big. X-man is getting quite the vocabulary and Buttercup is growing and doesn't look so much like a tiny newborn anymore. *sigh*

X-man (like most 2 year olds probably) is a creature of habit. He does something twice and that's the way it has to be forever (or at least until he forgets about it). Daddy has taught him to thank me for cooking dinner in the evening. So after dinner, daddy says, "Thank you, mommy, for making dinner." and X-man will look at me, smile and say, "Tank eyoo, mommy, foh make dinneh." Too cute!

Oh, wait, not cute. Handsome.

When Buttercup was born, I kept telling her that she was a pretty girl. I didn't want to leave X-man out of that so I would tell him he was a handsome boy. So now, if you tell him he's cute, he says, "No. Hansome!" And then he proceeds to tell me his sister is cute. Cracks me up every time.

He is also very polite and whenever he hands me something he says, "Oh tank eyoo mommy." Apparently I say "oh, thank you" often.

He's got two new teeth coming in. I can't exactly tell what kind of teeth they are (bicuspids or molars), but thankfully he's over the initial discomfort. We had a few days there that were a little touchy.

Buttercup was oddly fussy yesterday. And she slept alot. Except at 2:30 this morning; which, again, is not normal. I finally did get her back to sleep (after about 15 minutes of rocking) but she doesn't normally wake up that early in the morning. Of course, she's working on trying to roll over so that could have something to do with it.

Thank goodness that we're still able to use the Miracle Blanket or I think she'd be up all night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute is that? What a sweet (handsome) kiddo!