Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Murphy's Law?

Why does the carbon monoxide detector have to run out of battery juice at 1:30 IN THE AM?!?!?

It chirps (loudly!) every thirty seconds when it needs new batteries and I'm surprised that the two kids slept through it. Though I guess they shouldn't since they napped through the painter replacing some side boards on our house yesterday.

So now it's 2:00 AM and I'm wide awake, searching the internet to see if I can put rechargeable batteries in the unit...I'm out of AA batteries and since TC's in Seattle (so it's just me and the kiddos), I can't sleep thinking that a woosh of CO is going to come in the house. (That would be my anxiety creeping in)

I did learn that you shouldn't put the CO detector too close to a diaper pail as high levels of methane gas could cause false readings. Hmm...

No comments: