Friday, May 09, 2008

Tubes

Yes, Miss Buttercup will have to get tubes in her ears. She's scheduled for next Thursday.

We went to the otologist yesterday and both kids are ear infection-free, but Buttercup has fluid behind her eardrums. This fluid, if not taken care of, will most likely turn into an infection. So, as much as the doctor would like to drag his heels with getting tubes, he said we should go ahead and do it now.

I guess I better get my "Ear Flushing Kit" restocked. But I think that she's small enough right now, I won't have to sit on her to flush out her ears like I did with her brother when he got his tubes in at 11 months!

1 comment:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

My little one had tubes at a year of age. I was a nervous wreck but thankfully all went well. I am sure the same will be true for your little one.